1180 Crawford Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Scammers are using fake bank and credit union caller IDs to call and ask for banking and personal information.
Here’s How the Scam Works:
Through a variety of ways, a scammer steals a bank card number. Then:
- The scammer enters the number into an Android or iPhone digital wallet app.
- The digital wallet app texts a verification code to the victim’s phone.
- The scammer calls the victim, using a fake caller ID, and asks them to verify recent charges.
- When the victim says they are fraudulent, the scammer asks for the verification code to "confirm" the victim’s identity.
- If the victim gives them the code, the scammer can activate the digital wallet and start spending the victim’s money.
Do Not Be Fooled!
School District 3 Federal Credit Union will never CALL you and ask for your:
- Online banking username and password.
- CVV2 code.
- Full Social Security number.
- Verification code.
For your safety, if you call School District 3 Federal Credit Union, we will ask for identifying information.
What You Can Do
While account security is our first priority, you can also protect yourself.
- If you are suspicious in any way, hang up and call the Credit Union directly at 719-392-8439.
- Never click on an email link unless you are sure the email is from the Credit Union.
- Never give out the above information over the phone or via email, text, or social media messages.
We hope you use this information now, during National Cybersecurity Awareness month, and always to stay safe.
School District 3 Federal Credit Union is located at:
1180 Crawford Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Drive Up Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Phone: (719) 392-8439
Fax: (719) 392-2367